About the Library
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) library and institutional archive serve both research and support staff by acquiring materials and providing access to information services about a range of disciplines and topics. The STScI institutional archive works in tandem with the library and staff across the institute to preserve technical, scientific, and administrative records of enduring value.
Our Core Services
Our library and institutional archive support STScI through numerous services, including:
- Maintenance of the telescope publications database
- Institutional (non-data) archiving
- Journal and book acquisitions
- Targeted classes on a variety of topics, including scholarly publishing, Astrophysics Data System (ADS) Beta, and ORCID integration
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery services
- Assistance with citation formatting
- Literature searches (ADS and commercial resources)
- Bibliography tracking for staff professional development and ORCID integration
- Support and communications with ADS staff, and select ADS submissions for instrument science reports and accepted proposals
- Benchmarking and metrics
- 24/7 online access and print checkout
Services and Resources
We serve research and support staff.
We host an extensive archive and preserve historical records.
We maintain bibliographies and statistics to track the use of mission data in refereed literature.
Search the STScI Library catalog